Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Walk your dog...



I use this picture for more than one reason. 1. It is probably my favorite picture of Blue. It is the first picture taken of him and it was the picture that was posted on the site when I adopted his silly butt. 2. Notice how the leash it taut and the collar is up near his neck, he is doing a fine statue impression. Blue has been mocking this pose on each one of our walks in the afternoon. We start going and suddenly there is dead weight on the other end of the collar. I was hoping, so badly, that this was a little phase he was going through because of the staples (which are out by the way, hopefully the hair will cover the scar), but sadly, he continues to be a pain in the butt while walking. I tried the praising while walking thing today, seemed to work a little better than other things I have been doing this week...

In all honesty, it has been a bit aggrivating the last couple of days. I think the mistake I made was giving into him when he was all stapled up and cut our walks short. Now he tries this always. As I mentioned it is getting better, just need to get him back into the mindset that I am the boss, not him...

The getting ready for running isnt really going to swell, trip to Houston really ruined that one. Call me crazy, but I am not really up for running in 90+ degree weather with 90+ degree humidty. I will get back to it tomorrow, maybe...

No comments: