Friday, September 26, 2008

Gasoline...

So, I take Blue out for a walk today and see that I am a little below a quarter of a tank and know that I am driving to Dahlonega and probably Calhoun, so we are off on our venture for gas. There are about 4 stations within a .5 mile radius of my place, they have all been out for about 2 weeks. Make it all the way to 285, traveling south on Roswell Rd, nothing. Jump on 285 west get off on Riverside Dr. There is a Shell station at this exit and I hope for the best. Evidently, shortly before I arrived, a gas tanker dumped its load there and the lines started, I became a part of it. Well, low fuel light comes on after sitting in line for about 5 minutes, I turn the engine off and sit there for about 25 minutes. I finally get to my gas pump, probably 45 minutes into this ordeal. $50 limit, this gets me about 3/4 of a tank of gas unfortunately, but hey, better than running out of gas! Days like this when I hate having my gas guzzling Jeep...
I had a nice conversation with a guy from New York, saw Blue and spoke about the Afgan Hound his buddy had growing up, the guy next to me had a French Mastiff (rather large fellow who I thought was going to strangle the gas station attendant, he wanted $60 in gas and the guy jokingly questioned his ability to read... I thought it was funny). In all, from the beginning of our wak to when we finally got home to eat, 2.5 hours. I bought a bananna at the gas station for a snack for Blue and I, I broke off a piece of this, put it in front of his face and he gave me this, are you kidding me look. Blue does not like banannas I guess...
Ran in the Corporate Challenge yesterday, 5K through what I guess is a little bit of downtown ATL. The starting line was there by the Olympic rings, ran north of that past GSU and made a block. I think I did pretty good, the times have not yet been posted, but I think I made it in under 30 minutes. As I was running away from the starting line, knowing that is also the finish line, most of the run was down hill. I wasn't a mile into the race and I was thinking about the run UP the hill, that is always the killer! Needless to say, I think I will be good and ready for the hound 5K, I am excited for it!
Well, I am going to finish up this episode of Family Guy, it is the one where Brian violates Sea Breeze, Mr Pewterschmidt's prize winning greyhound... good stuff I tell you, good stuff

3 comments:

Addie said...

Our Cherokee has gotten a few dirty looks from me since the gas has been so expensive, and more dirty looks now that the gas is in short supply. I feel your pain!

Funny that Blue doesn't like bananas...I don't think I've met a dog who didn't love all kinds of fruit. My guys favorite thing is when I give them each an apple and let them outside. You should hear the crunching and see the drool!

Maria Peters said...

Now that's a mighty big truck you have there, sir. Tall guy, big dog, big truck. Sweet.

Thanks for your post re: Victor's bassoon adventure. He was tickled, as was I.

The Whitfields said...

I"m so sorry we couldn't find you guys later after we saw you & Blue. I didn't have my phone on me & Dixie was getting pretty tired. I completely forgot to bring my phone in & I had told Joe I'd bring it in. I hated that I forgot it!

Blue looked like he was enjoying himself! Talk to you later! :)