Monday, September 15, 2008

Updates...

I am due for a post updating the conditions with my family and friends down south. Start with my best friend in Houston. They are doing just fine, still without power but they are fine. It sounds like it was quite the experience for them. They had a couple of near accidents with branches breaking and falling into a window, but each branch that fell hit the house. The entire neighborhood was pretty fortunate with regard to structural damage. They are, however, missing a piece of fence. The neighbor across the street no longer has a fence, well it is there, but not serving the purpose of a fence... He and his wife are still without power, we were actually playing some trivia via text messaging there for awhile just to let you know how bored he was. So, yeah, no damage.

Now, down the bayou, it is a very different story. This is a picture of my grand mothers home in Houma, LA. No, she does not live in a house boat. Keep in mind, her house is 6 feet in the air just to give you an idea of how much water is there. Across the bayou, is my uncles house, he can't see any of his toilets... Needless to say, his house is not 6 feet in the air. Off to the right, out of picture, there is a camp that is about 14 feet in the air, kind of wish this was part of the picture to put more perspective to this, but I am sure you all get the picture. She did not stay in her home to wait out the storm, she went into town and is with another one of my uncles. So, everyone is fine, but lots of clean-up to do!

Blue is doing well, I think I may have found some food to mix in with Evo Innova to give us some good stool! I swear, I have tried so many foods over the past year, I have about 6 different bags of food I have not finished still in my closet. So, the magical food is Hund-N-Flocken Solid Gold. He has been on this for about a week now and we are seeing very healthy stools, I guess the only down side of the food is that there is quite a bit of stool. I am just glad is has some consistency. It is lamb based and made in the US, but I could have sworn the guy at the store said it was a German company. They have other foods with different ingredients, but we are going to try this one out for a while. They have something called Wolf King the main ingredient is Bison. Anyways here's hoping, he stays healthy and damn good looking! haha

Anyone out there running in the corporate run on September 25th? I am using this as a warm up for the greyhound run. I think this run will be more hilly than the greyhound run, so should be a good warm-up for me. I am done now, eveyone have a good week!

1 comment:

Patti said...

I actually fed the Bison formula before and my girls loved it. We used it for quite some time. I only went to Evo Innova because of the fact that it is more like feeding raw and there is less stool. As long as Blue is happy!