Sunday, July 20, 2008

Alpharetta meet

I got to meet Don and Carolyn this Sunday, and their dogs Obidiah (sp?) and I am not 100% sure of the other one, I am terrible with names! Anyways, this was, people wise, one of the best locations I have been too. Those of you who know Blue know that he is not the most out going boy, but those who were interested and stuck around long enough were able to get a good petting. We spoke with 2 ladies and her daughter, daughter was, I would guess 10ish. From what I got from her mother, she was attcked by a dog early in her childhood and was not sure about dogs. Blue has never been a big fan of children, but he was ok with the advances of this little girl. At one point she was surrounded by all 3 hounds and had the biggest smile on her face. She went and got some treats and fed them to whoever would take them and Blue was, of course, ever so polite in taking the treat. I explained to the little girl he sould sit, which he attempted, but sitting on linoleum is not the easiest task. So, I told him 'down' which usually means he will go all the way down, but he gave them a bow and this probably got more of a reation from onlookers than the laying down would have (is my boy starting to play to a crowd?) In all, they probably hung around for 10 - 15 minutes and took some literature from us.






Had another lady almost in tears because Blue looked like a hound she used to have. I guess the point of this rant is that Alpharetta seemed like a really good store to get a bunch of dogs together. We all know, the more dogs, the more attention we all get. There seemed to be a bigger population of young families as well, seems to me like a good side of town to focus on for M&G's. Just a thought...






Here is a music video to put you to sleep or a good mood or you may not even like it... Her name is Hayley Westenra and I found her by accident, she is amazing! I cant figure out how to get this in my blog, so here is a link... http://youtube.com/watch?v=YBtIS6O6prY


4 comments:

KF-in-Georgia said...

Way to work the crowd, Blue! (And Scott.)

My girl used to be shy around strangers. Then she watched the boy get petted all the time. Jealousy cured her shyness.

Kathy

christie said...

Thanks for the lead on the tune! You are right - it is awesome!

Anonymous said...

If you like this music, you might really enjoy more of the Celtic Women's songs. We caught them on PBS a couple of years ago and were mesmerized. They are almost hypnotic in their singing. Hope this link works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5T6gyCPDvM

Debbie (Emma's mom) said...

Enjoyed your blog, Scot. Thanks for the link to the song...I liked the other, 'Never Saw Blue', too. Emma sends slurpy kisses to Blue. ;-)