Monday, August 18, 2008

Training has begun...


I started getting into the running thing again today to get ready for the 5k. I did 2 miles and by my calculations, the is 2/3's of the way to the 5K! Funny thing about running away from your car, you have to run back to it... I did knock out the first mile, no problem. I would like to think I did it in less than about 10 minutes. On the way back to the Jeep, I did the run a minute walk a minute thing, slow and steady wins the race (or something like that). I was a bit hungry before I ran, but the 2 dozen bugs I ate while running filled me right up!
I celebrated my run with cold pizza and beer... probably set myself back with that one huh? :)
I guess walking Blue about 10 miles a week has kept me in somewhat good shape to where I can still run when I want to and not stop by the side of the road and heave my guts out after a quarter of a mile. I will try to keep up with updates with how I am doing, if I make it though this whole ordeal without quitting or hurting myself, I would say it will be amazing! I am not accident prone, but I am prone to being lazy...

2 comments:

Patti said...

More power to you! I'll be on the sidelines at the Meet and Greet tent with Lucy, probably, and Kim and whoever she brings - just taking it easy.

The Whitfields said...

Hey Scott! So sorry I haven't responded to your email, we have been so busy lately.

I love your blog, such neat colors! Good luck with the training!

Sarah